1. Rule 8 of CGST Rules had been amended to provide that those applicants who had opted for authentication of Aadhaar number and identified on the common portal, based on data analysis and risk parameters, shall be placed for biometric-based Aadhaar authentication and taking photograph(s) of the applicant.
2. Pilot for implementation of the above change is ready and the functionality is ready for roll out by GSTN portal. This functionality is being launched in Puducherry from 30th August, 2023 in the pilot phase. After submission of application in Form GST REG-01 and before generation of ARN, the applicant will either get the message for visiting GST Suvidha Kendra (GSK) or a link on the declared Mobile and Email ID; as may be applicable at TRN stage, based on identification by common portal so that registration process may be completed.
3. Those applicants who get the link on Mobile & Email ID for Aadhaar Authentication, they can proceed for completing their application as per existing implementation.
4. However, those applicants who get message for visiting GSK, will be required to visit at the designated GSK as conveyed on Mobile/Email and get biometric authentication for all required persons as per the GST Application Form REG-01. The applicants are requested to visit GSK before the TRN expiry date as detailed in Email for Biometric-based Aadhaar Authentication process. In this case, Application Reference Number (ARN) will be generated only after the completion of Biometric-based Aadhaar Authentication process
5. The days of operation of GSK would be as advised by the administration in your state.
For more information click here to subscribe our library
FOR FREE CONDUCTED TOUR OF OUR ON-LINE LIBRARIES WITH OUR REPRESENTATIVE-- CLICK HERE